8.23.2007

home sweet home?

">

Yes, I realize that I have not updated in over a month, but I have several well-crafted excuses for my devoted readers (all 1 of you...). The following are some ramblings on my whereabouts for the past month:
  • I sat through two weeks of new-teacher orientation for the district. While all of this information was vitally important and is now becoming more and more relevant to me as the weeks progress, it was really hard to digest and care about at the time. I met some really great friends and have continued those friendships even into the school year.
  • Shortly after my birthday, I moved into a short term apartment with Kristie. This was an interesting experience, to say the least. We lived in a "studio" apartment that was furnished. The place was like the size of a hotel room and smelled horribly. We didn't have internet (hence the lack of updates). We are now currently waiting for the go-ahead to move into the house that Kristie and Nannette are building ... more on that drama later.
  • School started almost 2 full weeks ago. I love it! Each day I'm in the classroom and in front of the kids, I become more and more sure that this is exactly what I was meant to do for the rest of my life (what a great feeling!!).
  • I've found my comfort food (see photo above). I nearly peed my pants when I saw Chipotle, and now seek it out on a regular basis. I LOVE that place!
  • As for recreational activities, we've gone tubing in the Salt River, seen a couple of movies, gone shopping, gone out to dinner a few times, went to the Temple, and just hung around.
  • Because of the condition of the housing market, Kristie and Nannette are having some problems getting straight answers out of the loan officer. We were supposed to have moved a week ago, and as it stands, the absolute earliest we'll be able to get in is on Saturday. And now it's looking like we'll move in on Tuesday ... keep some fingers crossed!
  • I'm currently reading the Stephanie Meyer books and I'M IN LOVE. They are so well written and thought through ... it's great! Get a copy of Twilight ASAP!

No comments: