The thought of chronicling something is interesting to me. So I thought of something I could, in fact quite easily, chronicle here in my little corner of the world wide web. I hopefully see this as a regularly occurring feature. We'll see.
I think it's no surprise to anyone that I am fiercely loyal to Target. I sometimes call it my "happy place," which is scary in every sense of the idea. If I'm bored or sad or happy or whatever, I'll find myself in the Bullseye searching for everything I need, and don't need. I am shockingly familiar with most of the standard Target layouts and can find anything in the store based on the store's layout. [As a small anecdote that illustrates this: I was on the phone with my friend E the other night. She was at a Target in Chicago, and stopped to ask a worker bee where she could find skewers (like for kebabs). She was told by the zit-faced teenaged boy that they didn't carry skewers. I piped in on my end of the conversation and told her to look on the kitchen gadget wall. They would be in a plastic bag, and made by Target's store brand, Chef Mate. Sure enough, there they were, just as I said they would]
Sometimes I find myself walking into Target with specific items I need, and walking out with everything BUT those items. Such is my life.
So for your pleasure, and my amusement, I will list from time to time what I walk out of Target with. I will also list the degree of necessity for each of the items. I won't list the price of the items, unless they were on sale, or the total cost of my purchases, because that would be just plain depressing. I also reserve the right to leave out any items that I don't see fit for readership.
---------------------------------
Bullseye Trip 2/2/11
Circumstances: Day 2 of being homebound due to Snow Days. Let's just say, I was suffering from a mild case of cabin fever.
Items:
01. Cooling pad thingie for my lap top. Degree of Necessity: medium (I had recently read that you should have one, and I suddenly felt like I had to have one, even though I've gone nearly a decade with out one. I have to say, I'm liking it already. You know, the 30 minutes I've been using it)
02. Target brand Ibuprofen -- 250 count. Degree of Necessity: medium (I ran out, and it's something to always keep on hand)
03. Candy, specifically, Red Vines, Juju Fruits, Mike & Ikes and Rasinettes. Degree of Necessity: low, but I was really jonesing for some candy, for some reason.
04. Book: Major Pettigrew's Last Stand. Degree of Necessity: medium to very. It's our book club read not this month but next, and I was going to have to get it sooner rather than later (and don't give me the library lecture).
05. Three containers of greek yogurt. Degree of Necessity: very. I find a daily serving of yogurt helps with my digestive issues (like you wanted to know).
06. Large bag of Cheddar Cheese Pretzle Combos. Degree of Necessity: low, but why not?!
2 comments:
Item: Cooling Pad. Was it an electric one with the fans? I often wonder about those. Would they be noisy? Would they end up kind of like a sextoy? What if your outfit got caught in one? Yikes.
Item: Candy. Did you purposely get stuff I don't like so that you don't have to share? Why no Sour Patch kids or Gummy Savers or Haribo Peaches or Good 'N' Plenty? Can't get no love....
Item: Combos. I would share those with you but not during the day because, as you know, I do not eat during the day. Usually.
I am surprised you got NO FUN PENS! What kind of Educator are you?
@Nance:
Item: Cooling Pad. Yes it's electric with fans. It plugs into a USB port, so no extra electrial outlets needed. It's rather quiet -- kind of the same sound as when you have a CD or DVD running in your computer. Not annoying at all. It's made me realize how hot my lap used to be -- who knew?!
Item: Candy. Of your list of approved sweet treats, Gummy Savers are the only ones I would have even thought about purchasing. Good 'n Plenty? Hell to the No. How can we even forge a friendship with such discrepancies in sugar treat preferences?! You've just lost 2 friendship points.
Item: Combos. I don't take you for a Combo kinda gal. Plus 3 friendship points.
I can't believe I didn't get fun pens. That's another trip for another day!
Post a Comment